GRAMMAR I/II/III PROGRAM
• Because we are not a drop off program, your role as a parent participating in Catholic Schoolhouse is to observe your child in class and to offer the tutor a helping hand when needed. Throughout the week, parents can choose to use the Tour Guide, history timeline cards, and memory work cds/mp3, or iphone/android app to help their children master the material at home.
• Our Grammar classes are grouped by age (Grammar I-first and second grade, Grammar II third-fourth grades and Grammar III fifth-sixth grades) and the tutor covers memory work in the classroom. Art projects and science experiments are also presented by a tutor who is prepared for these activities. Children have the opportunity for presentations as well. At 1:15, we join for lunch and playtime (outside -weather permitting). Sometimes the kids stay outside for hours, sun or snow!
• Fall 2021, we will be using the Tour Two Guide, History Cards, and Memory Work CDs/mp3’s. The scope of Tour Two covers World History beginning with Ancient Times through Medieval history ending at the Renaissance. The depth and choice of topics covered are under each family’s discretion; however, just a few minutes of review per day will greatly enhance your child’s ability to participate in class. We will continue offering our Super Scholar Program for those families that would like to emphasize the memory work at home.
• We are intentional in creating a Catholic culture in our community. We have opening and closing prayers and our students are assigned to lead their peers in prayers before each class and at snack time. We incorporate feast days into our calendar. We also make tangible the Cardinal Virtues throughout the morning as we practice and grow together in our faith.
• Aside from encouraging a Catholic culture in our program, the Catholic Schoolhouse curriculum incorporates Salvation history, Saints and Blesseds in all 3 Tours (years) .
• In addition to the Tour Guide, the History Timeline Cards and the Memory Work CDs/mp3’s are simple tools that can help the children with retention. These can be purchased at the Catholic Schoolhouse Store online or purchasing at a discount through the Director. There are additional links and resources found here on the Tour Two Blog and Tour Two Resources to assist you in covering the topics at home. Our chapter offers its members a bulk order discount for core sets of materials, (there is a 12% discount and free shipping when ordering through the chapter). We offer that in May and again in July.
Catholic Schoolhouse Registration Fee: $125.00 (per family) *$95.00 (per family) early bird
Student Fee: $250.00 (per child)
Supply Fee: $85.00 (per child)
Facility Fee: TBD (per family) based on number of families to offset rental fees
We will meet for 24 weeks throughout the 2021-2022 academic year with a break every three or so weeks. We will begin in early September, take our Christmas Break by mid December, and our last class is usually at the end of April. We have our Super Scholar testing at the beginning of May, and conclude the following week with a May Crowning and Showcase by mid May.
Catholic Schoolhouse is loyal to the Magisterium of the Roman Catholic Church and has received the nihil obstat and imprimatur for all three Tours of our curriculum.